Did you know that Boone County is “among the worst counties in the U.S. in helping poor children up the income ladder?”
Click on the following link to learn more:
To help reduce this “opportunity gap,” MMLS has launched a Financial Stability Project to expand its representation of low-income consumers in matters that impact their financial stability and economic mobility. MMLS is pleased to welcome consumer attorney Julia Stensby in connection with this project.
Examples of issues for which we can provide legal assistance include:
- Garnishment and debt collection proceedings;
- Unlawful and/or predatory loans;
- Automobile and title cases (including fraud);
- Credit reporting issues;
- Employment terminations and wage and hour claims;
- Appeals of unemployment compensation denials;
- Contract disputes;
- Public utility billing practices; and
- Bankruptcy assistance (limited).
Ms. Stensby will also be working closely with community partners to strengthen collaborations, increase referrals, and connect consumers with financial counseling resources and providers of emergency relief. Community partners, please click this link for a copy of our flyer.
Thank you to Heart of Missouri United Way for providing funds for this project