Mid-Missouri Legal Services provides free civil legal services to low income individuals in many situations. Individuals wishing to obtain services must complete an over the phone application and be accepted before MMLS will provide representation.
MMLS does not provide assistance in any criminal issue, including traffic tickets. For assistance with these matters, you may contact your local public defender office or the Missouri Bar Lawyer Referral Service at 573-636-3635.
For more information about the services MMLS provides, click the individual links to the left.
Types of Cases Handled by MMLS
MMLS seeks to assist as many low-income individuals as possible, but we are unable to assist every applicant. Below is a list of the types of cases we may accept.
However, each case must be reviewed before we are able to accept the case.
- Divorce Cases Involving Custody or Abuse
- Uncontested Divorces without Children
- Paternity/ Custody issues
- Orders of Protection
- Unemployment Compensation
- Temporary Assistance / Welfare
- Food Stamp Denial or Termination
- Medicaid- MOHealth Net
- Education IEPs
- Healthcare Access
- Consumer Problems
- Utility Terminations by provider or landlord
- Landlord/Tenant Issues involving private landlord or public housing authority
- Nursing Home Discharges
- Some Child Support Issues
Wills (For those age 60+ or disabled)
Powers of Attorney (For those age 60+ or disabled)
Beneficiary Deeds (For those age 60+ or disabled)